Call for Abstract
3rd International Conference on Design & Production Engineering, will be organized around the theme “Unfold the Exemplary Fusion of Design with Production Engineering”
Design and Production 2018 is comprised of keynote and speakers sessions on latest cutting edge research designed to offer comprehensive global discussions that address current issues in Design and Production 2018
Submit your abstract to any of the mentioned tracks.
Register now for the conference by choosing an appropriate package suitable to you.
The role of design is to visualize, create, and embody what does not yet exist. Design makes things real and is judged, examined, responded and improved. It is through a frequent and constant process of prototyping that results become more active and this emphasis on creation design better understands how to manage complicated, multi-faceted social and cultural problems.
- Track 1-1Modelling softwares and handling methods
- Track 1-2Valve design engineering
- Track 1-3Sustainability and universal design
- Track 1-4Design education and research
- Track 1-5Product, service and systems design
- Track 1-6Simulation softwares
- Track 1-7Tool design engineering
- Track 1-8Mechanical design engineering
- Track 1-9Optics and lasers design
- Track 1-10Robotics engineering
- Track 1-11Object oriented design and analysis
- Track 1-12Industrial product design
Automation can be defined as the manufacture and application of technology which terms to increase in reliability and efficiency. While Automation Development that intends in improving efficiency involves more than implementing new manufacturing technologies. Manufacturers are using machine automation and controls to produce quality products faster and more efficiently. These have been achieved by various means including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic, computers and electronic devices
- Track 2-1Light weight design
- Track 2-2Design for higher efficiency
- Track 2-3Automotive production engineering
- Track 2-4Vibration acoustic
- Track 2-5Sensors and sensing systems
Materials science is primarily concerned with the search for basic knowledge about the internal structure, properties, and processing of materials including the study of the properties between the processing, properties, synthesis, structure and materials that facilitates an engineering purpose. Mechanical Engineering’s and material scientists work closely together with the goal of tailoring. The properties of interest can be mechanical, electrical, magnetic or optical; Material may be selected based on different applications but they all relate to properties. The engineering function can impact all the fields of industries and machinery.
- Track 3-1Polymers and composites
- Track 3-2Powder metallurgy
- Track 3-3Materials and alloys
- Track 3-4Tribology
- Track 3-5Mining, metallurgy and materials science
- Track 3-6Micro manufacturing
- Track 3-7Nano-manufacturing
- Track 3-8Rapid manufacturing
Industrial design is a method of design applied to products that are to be manufactured through techniques of mass production. The creative act of determining and defining a product's form and features takes place in advance of the physical act of making a product, which consists purely of repeated, often automated, replication.
- Track 4-1Advances in industrial design
- Track 4-2Industrial design engineering
- Track 4-3Industrial product design
- Track 4-4Industrial designers insights
Great designs are derived from Insights gathered through social interactions; in open and evolving environments which encourage the play and customisation of physical and psychological spaces.
The new era of digital technologies and engineering concepts encompasses to build successful products in the face of altering product engineering and Research and Development mechanisms are called Design Insight. In Mechanical Engineering Computer Aided Design and its software is used to create and modify geometry, including 2D and 3D, in order to design and assess the mechanical components, Product Designing components, sheet metal assemblies as well as dies moulds, and all toolings.
- Track 5-1Graphic design engineering
- Track 5-2VLSI design engineering
- Track 5-3Highway design engineering
- Track 5-4MEMS Technology
- Track 5-5Micro and Nano engineering
- Track 5-6Structural engineer insights
- Track 5-7Integrated infrastructure design module
- Track 5-8Signaling design engineering
- Track 5-9Motor design engineering
- Track 5-10Welding technology
- Track 5-11Drilling engineering
It is also termed as manufacturing technology to produce a specific product with innovation management science for the application of cost control techniques. . The planning and control of the manufacturing processes, plant, and equipment involved in the production of any manufactured product. Product Design and Development has a broad knowledge of engineering practices and is well aware of the management challenge which differs from material research to machinery development, Nano technology related to production
- Track 6-1Production engineering solutions
- Track 6-2Design of thermal systems
- Track 6-3Design for manufacture & assembly
- Track 6-4Green design and manufacturing
- Track 6-5Machinery and interactive design
- Track 6-6Production engineers insights
- Track 6-7Precision engineered products
- Track 6-8Design of mechanical systems
Advanced technology aims in improving the operating performance, life expectancy, reliability and to reduce the cost of the components. This is accomplished by making the surface robust to the environment in which it will be used. It includes Plating technologies, Nano and emerging technologies and Surface engineering, characterization and testing. To be effective with present technology, the utilities must be considered as a whole, coalescing intelligence with physical infrastructure. If the resources are thought of as a holistic function they can be developed into the wide-ranging foundation that is needed to support so many other technologies that have become conventional in our everyday lives.
- Track 7-1Advances in process engineering
- Track 7-2Automobiles & automotive design
- Track 7-3Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Track 7-4Dynamic design
- Track 7-5Fluid dynamics
- Track 7-6Fluid mechanics and machinery
- Track 7-7Naval architecture engineering
- Track 7-8Marine system design
- Track 7-9Trends in advanced machining, manufacturing and materials
Modern aerospace and space systems design is typically performed with the aid of specialized aerospace software analysis tools and software products. All aircraft designs involve compromises of these factors to achieve the design mission-Wing design, Fuselage, Propulsion, Weight, and Structure. Ranges of aerospace design software’s used an integrated design or integrated synthesis environment. CFD computational fluid dynamics software provides flexible fluid flow and thermal simulation tools that help to make decisions earlier in the product development process. Easily explore and compare design alternatives and better understand the implications of design choices before manufacturing. ADS is the new standard for the conceptual design of the modern generation of light aircraft. It is a powerful software tool available for aircraft designers. Advanced Aircraft Analysis (AAA) is the industry standard aircraft design, stability and control analysis software. Advanced Aircraft Analysis provides a powerful framework to support the iterative and non-unique process of aircraft preliminary design. The AAA program allows preliminary design engineers to take an aircraft configuration from early weight sizing through open loop and closed loop dynamic stability and sensitivity analysis.
- Track 8-1Cost analysis tools
- Track 8-2Integrated design frameworks
- Track 8-3Aerodynamic analysis
- Track 8-4Thermodynamic/ Thermochemical analysis
- Track 8-5Structural analysis software
- Track 8-6Aircraft design engineering
- Track 8-7Aviation engineering
- Track 8-8Propulsion software
- Track 8-9Trajectory software
- Track 8-10Additive manufacturing in aerospace
Some of the multidisciplinary fields of engineering combines with design engineering that includes electrical engineering, telecommunications engineering, control engineering, bio-technology etc. Mechatronics is a blend of mechanics electronics, informatics, automation and robotics. Bio-inspired robotic locomotion is in the category of bio-inspired design. To advance the world we are taking the cues from the insect and other creature world to design and construct smarter robotic devices that move and behave alike living creatures and has the power of self-assembly.
- Track 9-1Mechatronics
- Track 9-2Bio-Inspired robotics
- Track 9-3Hierarchy of design models
- Track 9-4Mechanochemistry
Product Engineering or Software Product engineering comprises of the process of innovating, designing, developing, testing and deploying a software product. Product engineering is the entire product life cycle from the innovation phase, starting from the idea being conceived to the deployment and user acceptance testing phase. The evolving product lifecycle elements such as reducing product development times, increasing expectations on quality, manufacturing process optimization and design cost pressures. The increasing demand for enriching user experience also places more emphasis on cutting edge product engineering solutions. Process engineering involves selection of the processes to be used, determination of the sequence of all operations, and requisition of special tools to make a product.
- Track 10-1Process design engineering
- Track 10-2Product design engineering
- Track 10-3Product development engineering
- Track 10-4Advanced chemical engineering products
- Track 10-5Power plant engineering
Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into products which encompasses the design and manufacturing of goods using various production methods and techniques. Each part or component of a product must be designed to not only meet design requirements and speciﬁcations, but also to be manufactured economically and with relative ease.
- Track 11-1Sustainable manufacturing
- Track 11-2Flexible production
- Track 11-3Additive manufacturing
- Track 11-4Advanced manufacturing
- Track 11-5Emerging technologies and processes
- Track 11-6Responsive manufacturing
- Track 11-7Reconfigurable manufacturing system
Machine tool operation are machinists who use lathes, milling machines, grinders, CNC machining centres and other machine tools to cut metal into accurate shapes and sizes. Throughout and later the machining operations, machine tool operators use precision measuring instruments, such as micrometres and gauges, to inspect and make sure the parts are machined to the specifications required.
This also involves use of different metal cutting tools. They are used to remove material from the work piece by means of shear deformation. Cutting may be accomplished by single-point, multipoint tools or form tools. Single-point tools are used to remove material by means of one cutting edge.
- Track 12-1Types of metal cutting tools
- Track 12-2Design of tools
- Track 12-3Heat in metal cutting and its measurement
- Track 12-4Tool engineering
- Track 12-5CAD/CAM/CIM, FMS and NC/CNC Machining
- Track 12-6Nontraditional machining processes – USM, AJM, WJM, EDM and Wire cut EDM, LBM, EBM, PAM, CHM, ECM
Production management is defined as management function which plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and controls the material supply and processing activities of an enterprise, so that specified products are produced by specified methods to meet an approved sales program. These activities are being carried out in such a manner that Labour, Plant and Capital available are used to the best advantage of the organization
- Track 13-1Production management insights
- Track 13-2Mechanical design services and market analysis
- Track 13-3Engineering companies market analysis
- Track 13-4Product engineering companies market analysis
- Track 13-5Quality and productivity management
- Track 13-6Supply chain management
- Track 13-7Management for production and operations
The science that deals with the determination of the rates of such energy transfers is the heat transfer. Heat transfer is the exchange of thermal energy between physical systems. Thermal engineering encompasses mass transfer, fluid mechanisms, heat transfer, thermal conduction and convention and thermodynamics. There has been rapid progress in this field and its applications are finding their way across multiple industries. Solar heating, boiler design, thermal power plants, cooling systems, designing of combustion systems and cooling of computer chips are some of the important applications of these disciplines.
Thermal Engineering is the specialized sub-subject of Mechanical engineering that deals totally with heat transfer between not only different mediums, but also into other usable forms of energy. Thermal Engineers are need to know about the economics of the components and processes they design to make sure they not only provide an improvement over the prevailing solutions, but also don’t lose the company money. Thermal Engineering is controlling heating or cooling procedures in enclosed environmental surroundings or an open environment surroundings using numerous equipments. It involves the science of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer.
- Track 14-1Internal combustion engines
- Track 14-2Nanomaterials for thermal
- Track 14-3Fuels and combustion
- Track 14-4Hydrodynamics, hydrostatic and gas bearings
- Track 14-5Heat and power engineering
- Track 14-6Efficiency of engines and refrigerators
- Track 14-7HVAC
- Track 14-8Heat transfer in energy systems
- Track 14-9New and renewable energy
- Track 14-10Advanced thermal structures and windmills
Metrology is the science of measurement. Metrology includes all hypothetical and real-world aspects of measurement. Metrology also has three basic subfields, all of which make use of the three basic activities, though in varying proportions; Scientific or fundamental metrology, Applied, technical or industrial metrology, Legal metrology.
Inspection is defined as a procedure in which a part of product characteristic such as a dimension is observed to determine whether it conforms to the design specification. Principally inspection is carried out to isolate and calculate a specific design or quality attribute of a component or product. In inspection, the part either passes or fails. Thus, industrial inspection has become a very important aspect of quality control.
- Track 15-1Metrology and precious measurement
- Track 15-2Jigs and fixtures
- Track 15-3Surface finish measurement
- Track 15-4Linear and different angular measurement
- Track 15-5Alignment testing of machine tools